Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dress....tick



I actually crossed two things of my list of sewing today, yep TWO! Awesome! I must admit I didn't start them from scratch, one has been in the works for a couple of weeks (well maybe months) and the other I started earlier in the week. The amazing thing is that they were completed with no swearing, no stuff ups and no confusion over the pattern directions. That last point is the reall bonus for me as I suck alot at reading, or more to the point following patterns. And so to work on not only one but two gems, well it made for a truly enjoyable arvo of sewing.

I'm only sharing a piccie of one of these as the second is for a much waited for trade so I don't want to spoil the very patient receipent's suprise. I will share that it's an emmeline apron by sew liberated, and that it's a great pattern. Really clear instructions and an absolute breeze to make.

The second was a vintage patterns by McCall's circa 1974 (vintage, gah that's the year I was born). This was the big suprise for me as usually I do have trouble with some vintage patterns but nah this one was great. Clear instructions once again and really lovely finishing touches. I love how it came together and am truly stoked that it's done a whole week before Sage's birthday! Woot, now to finish the polly dolly to go in her litte wooden pram and I'm done. Organised or what!

6 comments:

Missy said...

I love that dress! It is adorable!! Good job :)

Michelle said...

The dress is really sweet, lucky Sage

Unknown said...

Oh My! the dress is adorable. I love the green gingham, it is the perfect touch!

Lesley said...

Oooh tooo cute Megsie, I can't believe Miss Sage is going to be 1 - How did that happen?

zofia said...

So cute! Yay on getting your projects finished, I really suck at that these days!

Claire said...

Yay and YAY!! That dress is super di dooper cute! I love that fabric sooo much, and it is perfect for that wee dress!