Thursday, June 19, 2008

no fish today.....Friday archives





I decided to hunt through some old sketchbooks for today's friday archives contribution and came across this little sketch that I did in 1995. It seems that a lot of the sketches that I'm sharing are from this year. It must have been a productive year for me.

I used to go fishing a lot with friends. That happens when your friends are doing aquatic science degree's. I was the art student who would sit and sketch whilst everyone else fished. I'd have a go at fishing but often became a bit bored or scared that I might actually catch something. Down the side of this sketch is a little note "No fish today" which actually happened quite often and still does when I go fishing with Lach, my partner. I have also noted the place we were fishing, Jubilee Park (a caravan park) on the outskirts of Warrnambool. If you look carefully you might spy a little bus on the other side of the river.

I also figured out how to add the friday archives badge this week. Thanks Sherrin!

2 comments:

Sherrin said...

gorgeous work Megsie- I love your sketches.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is freaky...when I looked at the pic before I read the entry I thought...that looks like Jubilee Park!
Beautiful Megsie :)